Re: how to account for dependence on standard lib (-lm) ?

"Wuttke, Joachim" <j.wuttke@fz-juelich.de> writes:

> Running dpkg-buildpackage, I get one last warning:

> dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol sqrt used by debian/liblmmin3/usr/lib/liblmmin.so.3.0.2 found in none of the libraries.

You should link liblmmin with -lm.  This could even cause your package to
fail to build if the linker is switched to gold.

> Obviously, users will have to use -llmmin along with -lm.

Users should not have to do this unless they call the math functions
directly.  The shared library should have proper interlibrary dependencies
of its own.