Re: RFS: gtk2-engines-cleanice: adopted, ITA #553506

Dear Stanislav:

On Mar 27 2010, Stanislav Maslovski wrote:
> I have adopted gtk2-engines-cleanice (ITA bug #553506).
> The package source format has been changed to 3.0 (quilt).
> The orig.tar.gz has not been changed.

That is quite nice. I am not a DD and I just did a quick review here,
with the following results:

* the source is lintian clean, even with pedantic and experimental. Good.
* the md5sum of the provided tarball matches the one from upstream. Good.
* the license in the sources is GPL-2, not GPL-2+ as is stated in
  debian/copyright.
* the license in the sources list the old address of the FSF.
* the indication of the full text of the GPL in debian/copyright is
  unversioned. Since the unversioned path links to GPL-3, you have to
  use the versioned file.
  (Oh, I just noted that lintian, on the built package, informs this).
* the long description of the package lists the author: is this
  necessary?
* the short description mentions "CleanIce themes", in plural, but the
  long description mention "a clean ice theme" right at the beginning.
  Then, the long description says that the package provides 3 styles.
  That should, perhaps, be modified?
* the debian/docs file installs the README file, but it is very short
  and contains instructions to compile from source and how to use the
  theme.  I guess that you could remove that and include just the
  information on how to use it in the README.Debian file.
* perhaps you would want to add the package lxappearance as a
  Recommends: or Suggests: ?
* similarly to the README file, the AUTHORS file has its entire contents
  in debian/copyright.  Is this duplication necessary?
* some of the files in debian/rules have some trailing whitespace, but
  this is just nitpicking...

> I am asking for a review and an upload if everything looks ok.

I really hope that some sponsor upload this soon.

Hope this helps,

--
Rogério Brito : rbrito@{ime.usp.br,gmail.com} : GPG key 1024D/7C2CAEB8
http://rb.doesntexist.org : Packages for LaTeX : algorithms.berlios.de