Re: Source format 3.0 (quilt) and new debhelper dh syntax (maint-guide)

Osamu Aoki <osamu@debian.org> writes:

> On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 01:07:12AM +1100, Ben Finney wrote:
> > AFAIK, the standard debian/rules targets are not automatically added
> > to the ‘.PHONY’ rule, which IMO is enough reason to keep them
> > explicit.
>
> I am talking about new style debian/rules:
> ---------------
> %:
>         dh --with patch $@
> % looks to me anything which include the standard debian/rules targets.

Right, and those targets need to be in the ‘.PHONY’ rule because they
must not correspond to real filesystem entries that might exist.

With the above style, they are not in that rule unless one adds them
explicitly to that rule, AFAIK.

--
 \          “What I have to do is see, at any rate, that I do not lend |
  `\      myself to the wrong which I condemn.” —Henry Thoreau, _Civil |