Re: RFS: django-picklefield

* Michael Fladischer <michael@fladi.at>, 2010-03-12, 09:17:
Oh, and I forgot about one more thing: tests should be run at build
time, preferably with all supported Python versions.

I'm no quite sure if this is feasible because the tests require a
working Django installation plus database connectivity. I have to admit
that I don't have that much experience with packaging to get this done
in any way.

That's OK, we are all here to learn. :) It's not a big deal to setup a Django test project programmatically:

$ django-admin startproject testproject
$ cd testproject/
$ echo 'DATABASE_ENGINE = "sqlite3"' >> settings.py
$ echo 'INSTALLED_APPS = ["picklefield"]' >> settings.py
$ ./manage.py test
Creating test database...
Creating table picklefield_testingmodel
..