Re: RFS: django-picklefield

* Michael Fladischer <michael@fladi.at>, 2010-03-09, 14:47:
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/d/django-picklefield/django-picklefield_0.1-1.dsc

debian/control:
- If you have "2.5-" in debian/pyversions you probably also want "Build-Depends: python (>= 2.5)".
- Any reason it's priority extra (rather than optional)?
- If you are using source format 3.0, you don't need to build-depend on quilt.
- The binary package should depend on python-django.
- The long description should be more comprehensive. Currently it doesn't even assert that the package has anything to do with Django or databases... - Some build-dependencies are missing, the package fails to build from source:
| cd . && python setup.py build --build-base="/tmp/buildd/django-picklefield-0.1/./build"
| Traceback (most recent call last):
|   File "setup.py", line 21, in <module>
|     from setuptools import setup, find_packages
| ImportError: No module named setuptools

debian/rules:
- As above, if you are using source format 3.0, including patchsys-quilt.mk is not needed (and potentially harmful).
- I would recommend you not to use cdbs, but dh istead.

debian/patches/debian-changes-0.1-1:
- Uhm, you didn't want this patch, did you? :) The best way to deal with such spurious diffs is to remove whole *.egg-info in the clean target.

Last but not least: please consider joining[2] Debian Python Modules Team[1] and maintain the module with us. :)

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/PythonModulesTeam
[2] http://python-modules.alioth.debian.org/python-modules-policy.html#id1

--
Jakub Wilk