Re: RFS: new package lmfit: Levenberg-Marquardt least-squares minimization and curve fitting

In <4B8BA5F0.6040202@fz-juelich.de>, j.wuttke wrote:
>I would greatly appreciate your help in adding lmfit to Debian.
>
>Today I created Debian packages, using dh_make and dpkg-buildpackage.
>Basically, everything went well; so I am confident that not too
>much work is required to make lmfit ready for Debian.

A sponsor doesn't make the Debian package for you.  A sponsor just uses their
upload rights to add your finished package to Debian.[1]  If you feel your
package is ready for review, upload it to mentors.debian.net, fill out the RFS
template there, and post to the list again.

If this is your first package, expect sponsors to reply to the list with
issues that need resolving before they upload.

[1] As no Debian package is ever truly finished, you are responsible for all
the normal DM tasks -- replying to the BTS, working with the security team,
preparing new packages when upstream is updated, etc.