Use, "Depends: locales-all|locales" or not

Hi,

On Wed, Jan 06, 2010 at 04:43:28PM -0800, Russ Allbery wrote:
> Ben Finney <ben+debian@benfinney.id.au> writes:
> > Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> writes:
> > In a minimal ‘pbuilder’ environment, this is happening all the time for
> > me now. What should users of ‘pbuilder’ be doing to avoid this problem?
>
> Install locales in your chroot, specifically:
>
> echo 'locales locales/locales_to_be_generated multiselect en_US.UTF-8 UTF-8' \
>     | debconf-set-selections
> aptitude install locales

I thought manual configuration of build environment should not be
done... Am I wrong?

I usually add package dependency to "locales-all|locales".  Then
pbuilder nor any build environment should not fail.

The first one esures for Debian and second one is for Ubuntu.
(I needed French, German, Italian, Japanese, Chinese ,...UTF-8 locales.)

Does this have negative effects to sbuild run for binary packages for
porting?

Osamu