Re: RFS: pgn-extract (adopting orphaned package)

Hi!

On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 5:11 PM, Christoph Egger <christoph@debian.org> wrote:
> Looking at it currently. However your watchfile seems to be
> dysfunctional, otherwise the package looks fine to me.
(...)
> % uscan --report-status
> Useless content call in void context at
> /usr/share/perl5/LWP/Protocol/ftp.pm line 378
> uscan warning: In watchfile debian/watch, reading FTP directory
>  ftp://ftp.cs.kent.ac.uk/pub/djb/Extract/ failed: 400 FTP return code 000

Actually it works:

$ uscan --report-status
Processing watchfile line for package pgn-extract...
Newest version on remote site is 16-7, local version is 16.7
pgn-extract: remote site does not even have current version

Maybe this problem is caused by using/missing the PASV mode of FTP.
See the uscan manpage for PASV.

An improvement could be made on the watch file however (replace the
dash by a dot):

version=3
opts="uversionmangle=s/-/./" \
ftp://ftp.cs.kent.ac.uk/pub/djb/Extract/pgn-extract-(.*)\.tgz

$ uscan --report-status
Processing watchfile line for package pgn-extract...
Newest version on remote site is 16.7, local version is 16.7
 => Package is up to date

Best regards,
Nelson