Re: RFR/RFS: openvpn-auth-radius (new package, fixes retitled RFP)

Dear mentors,

Please CC me in a reply, since I am not subscribed to the list.

Thanks to Paul Wise for reviewing the source package.

On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 04:58:23PM +0100, Helmut Grohne wrote:
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "openvpn-auth-radius".
>
> * Package name    : openvpn-auth-radius
>   Version         : 2.1-1

Version 2.1-2 now.

>   Upstream Author : Ralf Luebben
> * URL             : http://www.nongnu.org/radiusplugin/
> * License         : GPL-2
>   Section         : net
>
> It builds these binary packages:
> openvpn-auth-radius - OpenVPN RADIUS authentication module
> openvpn-auth-radius-dbg - debugging symbols for openvpn-plugin-radius

It is now lintian --pedantic -I -E clean.

> The upload would fix these bugs: 556460
>
> My motivation for maintaining this package is:
>  The Cygnus Networks GmbH is using this software on Debian and Debian
>  does not provide a package with this or similar functionality. Thus we
>  packaged it for our own needs. Since we expect to use it for quite a
>  bit of time, maintaining the package seems like a good fit.
>
> A few notes on the software:
>  This package will have low popcon score. To be useful it requires a
>  functional openvpn and radius setup. Most users probably want to run
>  stable, so the package is created with backporting in mind.

> - Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable main contrib non-free
> - dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/o/openvpn-auth-radius/openvpn-auth-radius_2.1-1.dsc

Now:

dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/o/openvpn-auth-radius/openvpn-auth-radius_2.1-2.dsc

> I would be glad if someone uploaded or review this package for me.

Version 2.1-2 incorporates most of Paul's suggestions. Here are the ones
I intentionally left out:

1) I do not use override_foo rules, because they are not available for
   lenny without backporting.
2) I do not use source format 3.0, for easier backporting (potentially
   targeting etch).
3) uscan reports a newer version 2.1-beta1. I can prepare experimental
   packages if there is interest.

Further comments are welcome as well as uploading the package to sid.
However I will not respond to any mails during the remainder of this
year.

Helmut