Re: RFS: pgfouine (updated package) (second try)

On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 5:36 PM, Luis Uribe <acme@eviled.org> wrote:
> Dear mentors,
>
> I'm looking for a sponsor for the new version of pgfouine
>
> It builds these binary packages:
> pgfouine   - PostgreSQL log analyzer
>
> The package appears to be lintian clean, and i'm using it in a few servers
> since a few months.
>
> Matthew Palmer [1]review it but seems that he hasn't the time to upload it.
>
> [1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2010/10/msg00041.html

Erm, http://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2010/10/msg00074.html

I'll quote:

The package is really, *really* not Lintian clean, and claiming otherwise in
the RFS was bad form.  All those CVS dirs in the resulting package
definitely need gutting, and you'll want to look into why geshi is still
getting installed in the package, given that it appears to be correctly
depended on.

Apart from that, though, it builds, installs, and runs pgfouine --help, so
you're over most of the big humps.

- Matt

I'd take his advice :/

> - Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable main
>  contrib non-free
> - dget
>  http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/p/pgfouine/pgfouine_1.2-2.dsc

> Thanks,
>
> --
> Luis
> http://eviled.org

-Paul

--
All programmers are playwrights, and all computers are lousy actors.

#define sizeof(x) rand()
:wq