Re: A question about svn-buildpackage

Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> writes:

> On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 9:10 PM, Qijiang Fan <fqj1994@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > mergeWithUpstream mode detected, looking for
> > ../tarballs/hg-git_0.2.5.orig.tar.gz
> > I: mergeWithUpstream property set, looking for upstream source tarball...
> > E: Could not find the origDir directory, please check the settings! at
> > /usr/bin/svn-buildpackage line 595.
> > Is there anyone who can tell me how to solve this problem
>
> Seems obvious to me.
>
> Download the upstream tarball, rename it to hg-git_0.2.5.orig.tar.gz
> and place it in ../tarballs/

It's not quite clear in the OP's message, but I think they're showing
that such a file already exists:

Qijiang Fan <fqj1994@gmail.com> writes:

> $ls tarballs/
> hg-git_0.2.5.orig.tar.gz
> $cd schacon-hg-git-0ed3c70/
> $svn-buildpackage -rfakeroot
[…]

Quijing Fan, can you confirm that the file does exist in the right
directory:

    $ pwd
    some_prefix/schacon-hg-git-0ed3c70
    $ ls ../tarballs/hg-git_0.2.5.orig.tar.gz
    ../tarballs/hg-git_0.2.5.orig.tar.gz

If the directory does exist, I don't know why the ‘svn-buildpackage’
command would be complaining that it doesn't exist.

--
 \       “… whoever claims any right that he is unwilling to accord to |
  `\             his fellow-men is dishonest and infamous.” —Robert G. |