Re: RFS: free42

Le mercredi 08 décembre 2010 à 21:56 +0100, Etienne Millon a écrit :
> On Wed, Dec 08, 2010 at 03:30:36PM -0500, Jean Schurger wrote:
> > I've updated my packages fixing the problems, can you have a
> > look ?
> >
> > http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/f/free42/
> >
> > Jean.
>
> Hello Jean,
>
> I could build your package. Here are a few remarks :
>
>   - lintian still complains about missing manpages for free42bin and
>     free42dec. Your users will probably do, too :-)

Yes, i don't know what to do with that. I should not use the
'unodcumented' because i've understood that it is/will be deprecated.

And i have no "manual" for that on the software sources.
Is there a template of manual that i can use ?

>   - dpkg-shlibdeps seems to complain about useless dependencies on
>
>       libfontconfig.so.1
>       libatk-1.0.so.0
>       librt.so.1
>       libgio-2.0.so.0
>       libcairo.so.2
>       libpango-1.0.so.0
>       libgmodule-2.0.so.0
>       libgthread-2.0.so.0
>       libpangocairo-1.0.so.0
>       libfreetype.so.6
>       libpangoft2-1.0.so.0
>
>     Those come from your Makefile which calls "pkg-config --libs
>     gtk+-2.0". I am not sure about the best solution for this one.
>     It's only a warning, though.

Yes, i was knowing that too, the Makefile is part of the sources,
should i patch it to prevent thoses links ? Free42 is linked
"indirectly" to those libraries as they are gtk+ dependencies, and
free42 use gtk+.

--
Jean Schurger
http://schurger.org