Re: RFS: aspell-id ; second try

Mahyuddin Susanto wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 4:08 AM, Jonathan Nieder <jrnieder@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Mahyuddin Susanto wrote:

>>> - dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/a/aspell-id/aspell-id_1.2-0-4.dsc
[...]
>>  - 1.2-0-1: a "based on such-and-such documentation" placeholder[1]
>>   seems to have survived rather than being replaced by a useful
>>   pointer

The placeholder still seems to be present?

When I suggested mentioning what policy document was used, it was in
the hope of making it easier for others to collaborate.  For example,
mentioning the "Debian Spelling Dictionaries and Tools Policy" would
give people a hint that

 http://dict-common.alioth.debian.org/dsdt-policy.html

explains some of the goals of the package.

>>  - 1.2-0-3:
>>    . "Confirmed and tested in Ubuntu": what was confirmed?  Based on
>>      searching packages.ubuntu.com it does not seem that this was
>>      included in the Ubuntu archive.
>
> I mean fixed Ubuntu bug

Ah, okay then.  The usual notation might be something like this:

  * Initial package. (Closes: #604557 LP: #63189)

>>  - 1.2-0-4:
>>    . "Vcs-Browser to gitweb rather than raw repository": apparently
>>      this change was dropped?
>
> well, i;m not use gitweb anymore. now this package use git.debian.org

Looks like you fixed this. :)  FWIW gitweb is the name of the software
that generates http://git.debian.org/. [1]

>>    . "Remove quilt from built-time": not sure what this means.  Maybe
>>      that quilt was removed from the Build-Depends list.
>
> Yes, i mean Build-Depends

Also FWIW though it may seem counterintuitive, there is no need for
quilt to be installed when unpacking a 3.0 (quilt) package.  Try it!

So if you want to use "3.0 (quilt)" in debian/source/format that
should be fine; no need to add quilt back to Build-Depends to do that.

>>    . s/lisence/license/?

This one still seems to be present.

> And thanks for suugestions

No problem.  Sorry for my crankiness.  The package is getting better.

Regards,
Jonathan

[1] https://git.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Gitweb