Re: RFS: kstars-data-extra-tycho2 (third try)

On Domingo 05 Diciembre 2010 01:57:39 Michael Tautschnig escribió:
> Hi,
>
> So here comes the review from the guy claiming he wouldn't sponsor that
> package
>
> :-)
> :
> > Well, besides your suggestion on the default of kstarsrc-does-not-exist
> > (since the user is asked for all options), and the fact that I'm not
> > parsing (yet) the configuration file, this is a new iteration of the
> > package.
> >
> > I hope everything is all right now :) and I can search for a sponsor now
> > :)
>
> Well, I'd actually be willing to sponsor your package, but the following
> review tells that it's not completely ready yet and will need another
> iteration. Let's see:
>
> - debian/config vs. debian/config.THIS: What is the point of those *two*
> files? Is one of them (.THIS) just a backup version? What is the
>   "kstarsrc-previously-exists" debconf value actually good for? Are you
> sure you need that?

.THIS deleted (yes, it was a backup file)

In my flow diagram, kstarsrc-previously-exists is used to check if some
preconfigured /etc/kde4/kstarsrc exists, and if it exists, leave it as it is.
It is needed because at deconfiguring, in a future postrm script, it can be
checked if file is to be deleted (if created by any kstars-data-extra-*
package) or kept. Moreover, since there will be a bunch of kstars-data-extra-*
packages, this value will help avoid reconfigure over reconfigure ,if more
than one of them is installed.

> - debian/control: It would be nice to synchronize your package description
> with that of kstars-data. Well, and the short description (1) should not
> start with a capital letter; (2) should definitely be *short* and not be
> any longer than 60 characters; (3) need not be a complete sentence; (4)
> should make clear that this is related to kstars. Again, take a look at

short changed to:
Tycho2 star catalog for centralized install of KStars

long changed, too, to have it start more or less like the kstars-data package,
but ephasizing the differences.

> the kstars-data package. - debian/copyright: It would be nice if it were
> formatted according to DEP-5, see http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep5/.

Done. I've included some X- fields for relevant info.

> Furthermore I believe there was some discussion about the license of this
> data file. I re-read the discussion in #597202, but where do I find
> information that this dat-file is GPL-licensed? BTW: Is there some

http://edu.kde.org/kstars/downloads/knewstuff.xml says it is GPL (no version).
That is the official page for automated downloads from the program.

> source-file for this .dat-file? Most likely nobody put together this
> binary file by hand. In this case it would be a lot nicer to have the
> source file in the source package and only ship the .dat file as built
> from the source package as binary package.

I still do not know how this file has been compiled. I think it's some
internal method of the KStars team. It's immediate source is not published
AFAIK and its non-immediate source is the Tycho-2 catalog itself. You can find
it at http://cdsarc.u-strasbg.fr/cgi-bin/myqcat3?I/259/ but I do not know
(yet) how was it cooked and then compiled to get the deepstars.dat file. Once
I know, I will try to get this in shape with stardata-common system.

> - debian/docs: README.source doesn't quite sound like a filename that
> should go in the binary packages. Benoît suggested it as only candidate
> for debian/docs, but I believe you should rather just delete debian/docs.

Done

> - debian/README.Debian: That file is supposed to contain information about
>   Debian-specific changes, hints for configuration, etc. Probably better
> just delete this file.

Done

> Hope this helps,
> Michael

New version uploaded: http://mentors.debian.net/cgi-bin/sponsor-
pkglist?action=details;package=kstars-data-extra-tycho2

Many many thanks

Noel
er Envite