Re: RFS: pdkindle

On 11/24/2010 05:31 PM, joseph@photosessionsltd.com wrote:
I am looking for a sponsor for my package "pdkindle". Please note that I
am not currently a subscriber to the debian-mentors mailing list.

and please, do not CC me, I read the list  :)

* Package name    : pdkindle
   Version         : 1.1.0-1
   Upstream Author : Joseph Patterson<joseph@photosessionsltd.com>
* URL             : http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/p/pdkindle

This field is generally for the upstream URL where the source was obtained.

* License         : GPL
   Section         : text

It builds these binary packages:
pdkindle   - Public Domain reading program for plain text books

Although I have not researched this, I am sure that Amazon has trademarked the word Kindle, so I'm not sure pdkindle would be a generally acceptable name without causing a ruckus at some point.

My motivation for maintaining this package is: I first created it in 2004
and continue to like it.

Ah, you are upstream :) I would suggest at least a minimal site for upstream source tracking where new version tarballs can be found. The debian/watch file is used by uscan to look for new versions on the upstream site. It could be as simple as a github, bitbucket, or sourceforge page.

I have not had any further look at the package, since these were my first couple reactions to your note.

--
Kind regards,
Michael