Re: Problem testing with piuparts

Hi,

On Dienstag, 23. November 2010, anatoly techtonik wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 6:05 PM, Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org> >
>> /var/lib/python-support/python2.4/.path
> >> Can you recommend any best practices or helper scripts?
> > a.) file a bug against the dependend package
> Is it python-support?

In this case I probably wouldn't file a bug as it involves python-2.4 and that
is gone from sid and squeeze.

> > b.) use --warn-on-others which should make piuparts not complain about
> > problems in dependent packages. It doesn't and cannot work for all cases.
> > c.) use --no-symlinks to disable this particular test.
>
> --no-symlinks with -I pysupport and -I ssl helped. Thanks. But it runs
> only installation and purging test. How to make it run upgrade test
> also?

Quoting the manpage:

If you want to test that a package installs properly in the stable (currently
lenny) Debian release, then can be upgraded to the testing (currently
squeeze) and unstable (sid) versions, and then uninstalled without problems,
you would give the following command:

piuparts -a -d lenny -d squeeze -d sid foo

> Trying to backport latest trac-bitten 0.6b3 to install on development
> machine, which is running lenny.

Ah.

I dont bother filing bugs in lenny anymore (unless severe ones). If you can
reproduce it in sid, great! (Then I'd file..)

> Please, CC.

Done, please don't cc: me :)

cheers,
	Holger