Re: [Mingw-w64] RFC: MinGW-w64 toolchain (adoption and new packages)

On 23 November 2010 13:00, Stephen Kitt <steve@sk2.org> wrote:
>> > mingw-w64 has a ton of warnings, all instances of non-standard-dir-in-usr or
>> > file-in-unusual-dir because it ships its headers and libraries
>> > in /usr/$target/{include,lib}.
>>
>> Sounds like a lintian bug.
>
> Probably not, since the directories aren't FHS-compliant. As far as
> I'm aware though there isn't an agreed-upon FHS-compliant directory
> structure for cross-compilers; you'd know more about that than me,
> given your existing involvement with the toolchain!
>
> Regards,
>
> Stephen

Well there are these documents:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/MinGW
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MultiarchSpec
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MultiarchCross
http://wiki.debian.org/multiarch
http://lackof.org/taggart/hacking/multiarch/

I'm going to start to draft how our packaging policy will look like
and where we are going to stick our toolchain. And obviously i will be
asking questions a long the way about specific points of where do we
want what installed. Currently I like fedora packaging guidelines, but
without sys-root. I'm still not to sure where to stick compiled native
apps. E.g. after I compile gedit using mingw-w64 toolchain, how it's
debian package should look like? =) similarly for the cross-compiled
-dev packages.