Re: RFS: ramond

Hi Jonathan,

* Jonathan Nieder <jrnieder@gmail.com> [2010-11-22 17:43:38 -0600]:

> FWIW, I am not a DD, so you have no hope of having this uploaded by me. :)
> I also do not have an IPv6 network to test it on.

Well, I'm glad to get feedback from a packaging point of view anyway. :)

> Quick tips:
>
> . did you know about dh_installexamples?

I did not, but it sounds useful.

> . it might be nice to strip the outdated "Installation" section from
>   the README at build time, like this:
>
>    sed '/Installation/, /textproc/ d' README >debian/README
>    dh_installdocs debian/README

Seems like a good idea.

> . is it important to say
>
> 	This manual page was written for the Debian
> 	distribution because the original program does not
> 	have a manual page.
>
>   so early in the ramond.8 page?  If it were me, I'd not mention it
>   at all; the COPYRIGHT section already says this was written for
>   Debian.

Well now that I read it back it sounds weird indeed. I'll do another
packaging pass tomorrow afternoon taking your remarks into account.

> The packaging is very clean.  Thanks for a pleasant read.

Thank you for your review!

Best,
--
Nicolas Dandrimont

"If you want to travel around the world and be invited to speak at a lot
of different places, just write a Unix operating system."
(By Linus Torvalds)