Re: Open RFS lacking (further) responsei

On Tue, 2 Nov 2010, Michael Tautschnig wrote:

[...]

I think that, as far as false positives: we should just reply to all the
messages. For better or for worse, people will look at mailing list archives
and get a feel for what our community is like. (That's my opinion, anyway.)

It's clear to me that the source code to this cron job should be somewhere
public. Let's see...

Okay, published:

[...]

Thanks a lot for sharing! One immediate note: The script only takes this
October's archives, we'll not get any data for November, etc... !?

Yeah, it's a total hack. It's past midnight right now, so I'll just reply to your mail rather than fix it. (The right solution is to keep the october mbox around, download November, and cat them together.)

Patches welcome! (-: Or else I'll get to it within a day or two.

Even if we should almost always reply, wouldn's some blacklist (probably using message ids) still make sense? I'd at least like to see "suscribe (Age: 5 days)" blacklisted.

Yeah, I do see what you mean now.

(Maybe there can be an email address that you reply-to called pretend-it-was-replied-to-on-debian-mentors@rose.makesad.us and the script will see you reply, effectively blacklisting it.)

-- Asheesh.

--
Q:	How many supply-siders does it take to change a light bulb?
A:	None.  The darkness will cause the light bulb to change by itself.