Re: RFS: dalle

El mié, 03-11-2010 a las 10:55 +0100, Mònica escribió:

Thanks very much for your help.
I've just uploaded a fixed package with your suggestions.

> Hello,
>
> On Wednesday 03 November 2010 at 01:23:13, Alberto Fernández wrote:
> > Dear mentors,
> >
> > I am looking for a sponsor for my package "dalle".
> >
> > * Package name    : dalle
> >   Version         : 0.10.11
> >   Upstream Author : Alberto Fernández Martínez <infjaf@gmail.com>
> > * URL             : http://dalle.sourceforge.net
> > * License         : GPL3
> >   Section         : utils
> >
> > It builds these binary packages:
> > dalle      - File management tool
> >
> > The upload would fix these bugs : 599851
> [...]
>
> I'm not a DD, but here's my review for your package:
> The review is about the Debian package source, I haven't reviewed how the program works.
>
> * Lintian: I: dalle source: missing-debian-source-format
> 	- You shopuld have the file debian/source/format indicating your package source format.
> 	  Now, it's recommended switching to "3.0 (quilt)".

I don't know why lintian didn't warn this to me .... ?

> * Lintian: W: dalle: latest-debian-changelog-entry-changed-to-native
> 	- In your changelog the dalle version is 0.10.11. Dalle is not a Debian native program, so it should be
> 	  0.10.11-1 to indicate the Debian revision.
> 	- Moreover, I don't know if you should keep the previous changes before uploading the Debian.
> 	  Maybe someone else can help us int this point...

I was not sure if dalle should be a "native" program. Now I'm sure no.

> * debian/rules:
> 	- Delete comment lines that are not your own comments like "Sample debian/rules...".
> 	- You can install files with the file debian/install, so you can delete "cp" lines and your
> 	  debian/rules will be more simple.
> 	- You can install manpages with files dalle.manpages or putting them in debian directory
> 	  with namepacke.1 (or the corresponding number)

Rules cleaned :)

> * debian/control
> 	- Some spelling mistakes in the long description: splited -> split, Dalle support -> Dalle suports

It's my horrible English. I must practice.

> * debian/dalle-doc.files, dalle-doc.docs
> 	- What are these files for? You have the debian/docs file that seems to do what you want.
Deleted.

> * debian/docs
> 	- You are installing the file formatos_soportados.txt.
> 	  I think this file name should be in English as well as its content.

Translated. Pending to translate NEWS.

> * debian/dirs
> 	- Using debian/install, maybe you won't need this file.

Replaced by debian/install

> * debian/dalle-gtk.desktop
> 	- The comment is in Spanish, it should be en English.

The comment is now in English and localized to Spanish to.

> I hope my advises help you :-)
Thank you.
> If any other person from the list see a mistake in my review, "reviews of my review" are welcomed!

Is there someone with experience packaging CLI apps to review the
package?