Re: Using Quilt with a new package

Le Tue, Nov 02, 2010 at 01:02:25PM +0100, Daniel Lombraña González a écrit :

> After that, I kept reading about git-buildpackage and it seems that it
> should be more easy to maintain those differences between the upstream
> version and the deb one using patches. However, I don't know how I
> have to do this, as I have been trying it out, and as far as I have
> get is to create the debian/patches folder (using gbp-pq) with a patch
> that removes that instruction. However, when building the package
> using git-buildpackage in the master branch (not in
> patch-queue/master) the resulting package does not have applied the
> patch, which is wrong. Is it possible to apply automatically those
> patches when building the package? (FYI I have tried the 3.0 version,
> and I don't get it working either, probably because I'm doing
> something wrong).

Dear Daniel,

If you would like the quilt patches in debian/patches to be applied at build
time and unapplied at clean time, you can have a look at the quilt make command
for CDBS in /usr/share/cdbs/1/rules/patchsys-quilt.mk or Debhelper's dh --with
quilt. By ‘quilt patches’ I mean that they will need to be listed in
debian/patches/series.

There is an even simpler solution, /usr/share/cdbs/1/rules/simple-patchsys.mk,
but it is deprecated (which makes me sad).

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan