Re: On format upgrade during freeze time

On 22 October 2010 10:32, Mats Erik Andersson
<mats.andersson@gisladisker.se> wrote:
> However, and this is my present question to you,
> would the release team decline the package due
> a decision to migrate to format 3.0 already now?

Possibly, at this stage - it's not ideal to make packaging changes
when fixing RC bugs; but if they did reject it, you would still be
able to make an upload via testing-proposed-updates.

If in doubt, you can ask the debian-release mailing list (preferably
once you have a debdiff) before uploading the new package.  This can
also be done by filing a 'future unblock' bug against the
release.debian.org pseudopackage:
http://bugs.debian.org/release.debian.org

--
Tim Retout <diocles@debian.org>