Re: Packaging free software with non-free data files

On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 06:14, Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote:
> Sounds like it belongs in contrib and the non-free data should be
> packaged separately.
>
> Have you asked upstream to put the data under a DFSG-free license?

No, not yet, but I'm pretty sure they won't do that.

> If you can give some details about which package and what the data is,
> maybe we can give you a better answer.

The package is pyfa [1], a fitting assistant for EVE Online. Their
latest download URL that I managed to find that actually contains some
sort of license information [2] is rather old, from 2006. I guess I'll
contact them to ask whether the information is still accurate.

[1] http://pyfa.sourceforge.net/
[2] http://www.eveonline.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&bid=246

cheers
--