Re: Trying to package Meganizer

[Not sure if you are on the list, CC'ing just in case you aren't.]

On 10/08/10 19:40, Joachim Langenbach wrote:

> We use Amazon API to get media information, therefore I compile my amazon keys
> into the binary. So to keep that working is the question, does debian
> recompile the packages automatically out of the source package?

Yes, all packages are compiled on Debian servers (except maybe the
initial upload by your sponsor, that will be build by your sponsor).

Lintian gives more information if you run it with "-i"

> W: meganizer source: maintainer-upload-has-incorrect-version-number
> 0.3.0-0.20101008184042

I believe maintainer numbers should start with 1 and up. (Not sure)

> W: meganizer source: maintainer-script-lacks-debhelper-token
> debian/libmeganizer.postinst
> W: meganizer source: maintainer-script-lacks-debhelper-token
> debian/libmeganizer-kde.postinst
> W: meganizer: latest-debian-changelog-entry-without-new-version

Probably multiple entries in changelog for the same version?

> E: meganizer: description-starts-with-package-name
> W: meganizer: description-too-long
> W: meganizer: empty-binary-package
> W: libmeganizer: latest-debian-changelog-entry-without-new-version
> W: libmeganizer: empty-binary-package
> W: libmeganizer: postinst-has-useless-call-to-ldconfig
> W: libmeganizer-kde: latest-debian-changelog-entry-without-new-version
> W: libmeganizer-kde: package-name-doesnt-match-sonames libmeganizer-0.3-0
> W: meganizer-kde: description-too-long
> W: meganizer-kde: latest-debian-changelog-entry-without-new-version

Paul