Trying to package Meganizer

Good evening,

I'm trying to package Meganizer (a software from us) for Debian. Since my goal
is the upload into the debian archives, I want to produce a good package. But
first, what is Meganizer:

Meganizer is an application based on Qt to manage media collections (right now
books and music). It uses MySQL as database server and can have some KDE4
bindings (for example it uses KWallet to store the login, more details can be
found at http://www.engsas.com/meganizer).

Because it can but not need KDE stuff, I want to produce 2 versions of the
package. I want also produce (per version) a library and the application as a
package. So I want to produce this packages:

libmeganizer
meganizer
libmeganizer-kde
meganizer-kde

My biggest problem is, that the first two binaries (non kde versions) are empty
binaries (see lintian errors below). The other warning I do not understand is
the

W: meganizer source: maintainer-script-lacks-debhelper-token
debian/libmeganizer.postinst,

because shlib creates a libmeganizer-kde.postinst.debhelper.

I think the other stuff can I fix by myself.

The last question is:

We use Amazon API to get media information, therefore I compile my amazon keys
into the binary. So to keep that working is the question, does debian
recompile the packages automatically out of the source package?

By the way, the Meganizer sources can be downloaded from
http://ftp.engsas.de/unstable/src/meganizer-0.3.0.tar.gz. The used Debian dir
is attached.

Thanks for any help!

Joachim Langenbach

W: meganizer source: maintainer-upload-has-incorrect-version-number
0.3.0-0.20101008184042
W: meganizer source: maintainer-script-lacks-debhelper-token
debian/libmeganizer.postinst
W: meganizer source: maintainer-script-lacks-debhelper-token
debian/libmeganizer-kde.postinst
W: meganizer: latest-debian-changelog-entry-without-new-version
E: meganizer: description-starts-with-package-name
W: meganizer: description-too-long
W: meganizer: empty-binary-package
W: libmeganizer: latest-debian-changelog-entry-without-new-version
W: libmeganizer: empty-binary-package
W: libmeganizer: postinst-has-useless-call-to-ldconfig
W: libmeganizer-kde: latest-debian-changelog-entry-without-new-version
W: libmeganizer-kde: package-name-doesnt-match-sonames libmeganizer-0.3-0
W: meganizer-kde: description-too-long
W: meganizer-kde: latest-debian-changelog-entry-without-new-version