Re: git-buildpackage and patches

* Pietro Battiston <me@pietrobattiston.it> [100917 15:37]:
> On the other side, using quilt is just fine... but I do find great the
> idea that if you use a VCS, you _shouldn't_ need a separate tool for
> patches. And indeed, I see sometimes git-buildpackage automatically
> creates some patches named "debian-changes-x.y.z" - but I find the
> workflow of building the package every time I need to create a patch
> sub-optimal - and apparently undocumented.

That is not git-buildpackage but rather dpkg-source, I'd guess.

> Is there anything I'm missing?

There is also git-dpm. That stores patches as permanent git commits.
That's not the work-flow you described, but perhaps nearer to what you
want.

http://wiki.debian.org/PackagingWithGit/GitDpm
http://git-dpm.alioth.debian.org/

	Bernhard R. Link