Re: RFS: lowpan-tools

Luis R. Rodriguez scrisse:

> > I am looking for a sponsor for my package "lowpan-tools".
>
> Isn't this pretty useless without the kernel bits, and what's the
> status of the kernel bits? Wasn't there some silly license issues with
> it? Why is it not upstream?

It is my understanding that some parts of it have already been merged
(the 802.15.4 layer, at least), some have a "particular" license
situation, while further development is undergoing in new area (eg.
6lowpan).
As such, I wouldn't label this package as useless, also considering our
current kernel configuration:
$ grep -i 802154 /boot/config-`uname -r`
CONFIG_IEEE802154=m
CONFIG_IEEE802154_DRIVERS=m
CONFIG_IEEE802154_FAKEHARD=m

Ciao, Luca

--
 .''`.  ** Debian GNU/Linux **  | Luca Bruno (kaeso)
: :'  :   The Universal O.S.    | lucab (AT) debian.org