Re: Help with uswsusp

On 07.09.2010 21:15, Rodolfo kix Garcia wrote:
> On 07/09/10 01:40, Kan-Ru Chen wrote:
>> Hi!
> Now I am trying to maintain the database (from 8 months ago), and the
> project was moved from sourceforge to git.kernel.org, but there is not a
> new version in the webpage. The database is important because it has the
> flags for the suspend to ram, an example:

With KMS all those quirks are obsolete and actually harmful, if you try to apply
those quirks when using KMS (I got bug reports agains pm-utils where
suspend/resume failed because of that).

Maintaining a database outside of the kernel has no future.
We learned that the hard way with hal/pm-utils

That said, I very much doubt the usefulness of s2ram in a KMS world. s2disk
still has some nice features (like compression, splash support etc) which the
in-kernel swsusp has not.

Michael
universe are pointed away from Earth?