Re: RFS: compactheader

On Sep 02 2010, Williams Orellana wrote:
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "compactheader".

A quick follow up to comment on your package:

* Please, package version 1.2.4.

* Are you sure that the license is MPL-1.1+ and not the tri-license?

* Your packaging is under the GPL-3+ and this will cause any changes
  that you make to not be able to be pushed upstream (say that you
  produce a patch).

  Please, consider always having the packaging in the same terms as the
  upstream software, even if you would prefer another license.

* The short description should start with a lowercase letter.

* Your watch file doesn't seem to work:

|   rbrito@chagas:/tmp/compactheader-1.2.3$ uscan --report-status
| uscan warning: In debian/watch,
|   no matching hrefs for watch line
|   https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/downloads/file/92157/xpi/compactheader\-([\d\.]*)\-tb\.xpi debian xpi-repack
| rbrito@chagas:/tmp/compactheader-1.2.3$

  It took me some time to figure out the better solution to use with
  mozilla addons. Just look into

  Be careful to regard the betas as lower than the final releases.
  Something like mangling the upstream version with s/beta/~beta/

* A more philosophical question is that of using xpi-repack to pack an
  extension: that simply seems to me like packaging the binary product
  of a program and not using the source code.

  I did this with the packages that I mentioned on my earlier e-mail,
  but I still think that this is wrong.

Rogério Brito : rbrito@{ime.usp.br,gmail.com} : GPG key 4096R/BCFCAAAA
http://rb.doesntexist.org : Packages for LaTeX : algorithms.berlios.de