Re: [php-maint] RFS: php-gearman

On Aug 2, 2010, at 12:28 PM, Raphael Geissert wrote:

> On Monday 02 August 2010 13:39:25 Clint Byrum wrote:
>> Dear mentors and Debian PHP Maintainers,
>>
>> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "php-gearman".
>>
>> * Package name    : php-gearman
>>  Version         : 0.7.0-1
>>  Upstream Author : James Luedke <contact@jamesluedke.com>
>> * URL             : http://pecl.php.net/package/gearman
>> * License         : PHP v3.01
>>  Section         : php
>>
>> It builds these binary packages:
>> php5-gearman - PHP wrapper to libgearman
>>
>> The package appears to be lintian clean.
>>
>> The upload would fix these bugs: 573894
>
> Do you realise that the bug says that it is an Intent To Package and that I
> submitted the report and I "own" it (in terms of the BTS?)

I did realize that you had filed the report, and I mean no disrespect at all. I
began packaging it several weeks ago before thinking to check for ITP's. When I
did decide to upload to Debian, I found your ITP, and didn't think to contact you
before attaching to it.

> I think that asking people to _read_ what the pages and documents say is not
> asking too much.

I only see the bug report as it is here:

Which gives no indication of the status.

Can you please be more specific with what page I may have failed to read?

I did see this:

http://people.debian.org/~mpalmer/debian-mentors_FAQ.html

Which does say not to pick a package that already has an ITP. Since I was already
done, and there was nothing to tell me that this ITP was active and blocked, I
thought it would be appreciated to have a completed package posted ready for
review.

I should have contacted you first, I just got caught up in the excitement of
completing the task and contributing.

> The package has been ready even before I filed the report but it is waiting for
> upstream to change the licence. I haven't heard from him since he said he
> would discuss with the PECL community if it was okay to do it, in spite of my
> other attempts to contact him.

Please accept my apology and, to all, I would like to withdraw this request for
sponsorship.