Re: RFS: libaosd (updated package)

On Wed, 28 Jul 2010 22:21:26 +0300, Eugene Paskevich <eugene@raptor.kiev.ua> wrote:

Might be a good idea to make upstream more flexible and only hide
stuff if a certain environment variable is set. In any case your patch
makes the system print ugly stuff like this:

ESC[KESC[0;33mGenerating
dependencies...ESC[0m^MESC[KESC[0;32mSuccessfully generated
dependencies.ESC[0m

I wonder if just switching to automake would not be a better solution.

I'm actually leaning towards removing that patch.
Any warnings/errors are shown anyway. And it's me, the maintainer,
who will deal with the building bug reports.

On the other hand, I'm reluctant to make big changes in the de facto standard
build system used in most of the atheme projects.

I've given it another thought and took a look at how the other atheme packages are done. Well, both libmowgli and mcs, have patches to remove the .SILENT: from the buildsys.mk.in, exactly like I did. So I'll leave it as it is for now until the upstream buildsys is improved.

--
Eugene Paskevich             |   *==)-----------   |     Plug me into
eugene@raptor.kiev.ua        |   -----------(==*   |      The Matrix