Re: how to correct missing changelog information?

On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 03:52:11PM -0300, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Jul 2010, Eric Cooper wrote:
>
> It will break nothing.  If the bug report contains very important
> information which is not available in the changelog itself, it is
> actually a good idea to add the reference, as it could help someone
> analysing the changelog later.  Otherwise, don't bother.

When I have had to modify a past changelog for whatever reason (in my
case a DD asked me because I had stupidly Closed: a wrong bug number
due to a transposition), I briefly commented the fact in the current
changelog like any other change to the packaging.

Nick