Re: Can a package be uploaded to unstable before it works correctly in stable ?

On Fri, Jul 09, 2010 at 11:09:48PM +0800, Liang Guo wrote:
> It looks a little hard to make sunpinyin be compiled and packaged in lenny, so
> before I do, I want to know can a package be uploaded to unstable before it
> works correctly in stable? If No, I'll fix this problem as soon as possible.

New packages aren't uploaded to stable at all. Packages are uploaded to
unstable, we gradually assemble them all in testing and then when we make a
release, they all move to stable together.

So, prepare and test your package for unstable and have it sponsored, and
ignore stable. It will reach there eventually.

--
Jonathan Wiltshire

4096R: 0xD3524C51 / 0A55 B7C5 1223 3942 86EC  74C3 5394 479D D352 4C51