Re: Litte problem with Build-Depends and architectures

On Wednesday 07 July 2010 19:38:32 Jakub Wilk wrote:
> >But what should I do, then?  Does that mean that I can submit the
> >package to the farm and hope that it'll work OK there?
>
> By "the farm" you mean the autobuilder network?
>
> The answer is "maybe", see this thread:
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-wb-team/2010/07/msg00007.html

Yes, I meant the autobuilder network.

The package in question takes about 1h to compile in a modern laptop (with
that I mean that it's not the leanest of the software packages out there, it
can take many hours on ARM or old machines), and it's out of question to try
to compile it on qemu or similar emulations.

I don't know if it's appropriate to submit it as I have now and try, and if
they don't work submit again with that disabled, etc (so I'll be spending
several days on trial-and-error maybe misusing the autobuilder network), or
I should just leave non-linux "architectures" just failing as they do now,
or try to disable the specific dependency in some other way (surely more
packages have this issue and they have to solve it in some way or another),
or what.

Cheers.
--
Manuel A. Fernandez Montecelo <manuel.montezelo@gmail.com>