Litte problem with Build-Depends and architectures

Hello,

I'm updating K3D to a new version, and I have a little problem with the
dependencies when trying to use pbuilder to check that everything is all
right.

One of the dependencies that this software makes use of, if available, is
inotify (libinotifytools-dev virtual, or ...0-dev for the real package).  I
noticed that this is not available in hurd or kfreebsd, so the package is
"BD-uninstallable" in the farm.  So I tried to follow the Policy Manual:
http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-relationships.html

which says for cases like this that I can use "foo [linux-any]", or
equivalently "foo [!hurd-i386]" and similar relationships/constraints.

When I use "libinotifytools0-dev [linux-any]" (same without 0, using the
virtual package), I get this error from pbuilder at some point:

I: Building the package
I: Running cd tmp/buildd/*/ && dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc  -rfakeroot
[...]
dpkg-buildpackage: source package k3d
dpkg-buildpackage: source version 0.8.0.2-2
dpkg-buildpackage: source changed by Manuel A. Fernandez Montecelo
<manuel.montezelo@gmail.com>
dpkg-buildpackage: host architecture i386
dpkg-checkbuilddeps: Unmet build dependencies: libinotifytools-dev
dpkg-buildpackage: warning: Build dependencies/conflicts unsatisfied;
aborting.
dpkg-buildpackage: warning: (Use -d flag to override.)
E: Failed autobuilding of package

and indeed, pbuilder doesn't try to install the package libinotify*dev.

Same when using "libinotifytools0-dev [!kfreebsd-any !hurd-any]", which
would be equivalent for my purposes.

Does anybody know why this happens, if I'm missing something, or can hint me
about what's the real problem?

(Maybe its a problem with pbuilder and it would work in the farm, but it's a
pretty big package which takes hours to compile in most of the
architectures, so I prefer to ask before/rather than attempting the trial-
and-error approach, to not put extra load on the farm...).

Cheers.
--
Manuel A. Fernandez Montecelo <manuel.montezelo@gmail.com>