Re: RFS: webilder

On 06/30/2010 08:04 AM, Nadav Samet wrote:
Perl is needed for generating the man pages (using pod2man).
Oops, I didn't realize that, even though I saw you have .pod files in the manpages/ dir.

I am not sure if it matters, but the latests Standards-Version
haven't reached Ubuntu yet, so I am getting a lintian warning when
builing the package on Ubuntu so I should probably keep it for now.
Ubuntu doesn't follow Debian Policy as strictly as Debian does. So that will happen on Ubuntu's lintian. The new version on Lintian was uploaded to sid only two days back (when the new policy was announced), so it's unlikely to get it on Ubuntu, especially in a current stable version. If you are submitting to Debian, you should check your package with Debian's lintian.
I can modify the binary names to be all small caps, but the right way
to do it would be in the next upstream release.
Again, I don't know how important this is, so I can't really comment. But if you are going to change the binary upstream soon, then I'm guessing it would be better not to confuse users and rename it in your debian package now. Possibly use `mv` in your rules file.
I'll try to reach out to PAPT as well.
:-)

Umang