Re: Lintian thinks a Non-Debian Native package is Debian Native

On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 08:22:37AM -0400, Paul Tagliamonte wrote:
> Hey Mentors,
>

> My maintainer ( on Fluxbox ) is on vacation. I'm an Uploader.
>
> My package is whining that it's debian native, when Fluxbox is
> maintained outside of Debian.
>
> This cropped up after there were dfsg changes, but this is not why (
> Lintian whines that we have a dfsg on a native package, as it should )

In my own experience, the commonest way of accidentally building a Debian
native package (a source format, nothing to do with where it's maintained)
is to have a wrongly named upstream tarball, which dpkg-source will not
associate with your package.

For a package of fluxbox 1.1.1+dfsg1-1 your Debian revision is -1,
and the tarball should thus be fluxbox_1.1.1+dfsg1.orig.tar.gz.
Everything before the dash is counted as the upstream version number,
even when it's a result of DFSG re-packaging.

Nick