Re: RFS: xpdf (updated package)

On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 01:05:57 -0300 Rogério Brito wrote:
> * Would you consider including the latest versin of the zooming patch
>   that I sent you?

Where is that at?  Has it been well-tested?  The previous zoom patch
broke a bunch of other things, and I've disabled it for now.  If this
new version has been sufficiently tested, I will consider it.

> * minor thing: since we are not shipping a library, there isn't a very
>   strict requirement of the transitional binary packages be steplocked
>   with the main binary. Therefore, the binary:Version substitution
>   variable could be relaxed to source:Version (there won't be a problem
>   with binNMU's).

I tried a couple ways of doing this, and they all resulted in lintian
errors; whereas the current approach doesn't, so I'm sticking with it.
A patch is welcome.

> * it would be so darned nice if zxpdf handled:
>   + xz compressed files.
>   + pdf files with case-insensitive extensions, as, sometimes, .Pdf
>     files are seen in the wild.

Can you submit a bug report for that (and perhaps a patch)?

Other than that, I think I addressed all of the other issues.  A new
version has been uploaded.  See:
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/x/xpdf

Thanks for your review!
Mike