Re: RFS: xpdf (updated package)

On Fri, Jun 04, 2010 at 12:29:07AM -0400, Michael Gilbert wrote:
> In terms of xpdf performance, can those concerned please try files that
> they consider big with the poppler-ized version and compare that to the
> original xpdf so we can actually quantify the impact (if there even is
> one).  Speculating doesn't really get us anywhere.  We need a
> quantified impact.

I have not tested the poplerized version of xdpf yet. Because you
mentioned speculations, let me in turn say that I have not seen
your answers yet on the questions I raised in my first mail (besides
some speculations, of course). Rogério mentioned some facts (thanks!)
but could you please provide more details?

> Again, I want to upload this package to experemental first for testing
> purposes; and large file handling would be a very good set of tests.

Yes, this sounds reasonable.

--
Stanislav