Re: RFS: dokuwiki (updated package)

Le lundi 14 juin 2010, nikrou77@gmail.com a écrit :
> I noticed two things :
> - a warning : unused substitution variable ${perl:Depends}
> - an unused string in debconf template : dokuwiki/wiki/failpass
>
> Theses warnings are reported by lintian but it's certainly not valuable because lintian currently only understand shell script.

Yes indeed. Perl is used in the config script, as you saw it, and
failpass is used on it to warn the user if he failed to confirm his new
wiki administrator password.

> Why do you use a perl script for config ? Is it for historical reasons ?

Yes, indeed. This script was written in Perl by a previous maintainer,
and I did not feel the need to rewrite it, as I think it is easier to
maintain such a script in Perl, because it contains a real logic,
contrary to the other maintainer scripts, roughly.

--
Tanguy Ortolo