Re: RFS: xburst-tools

On Sat, Jun 05, 2010 at 07:59:58PM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 5, 2010 at 7:21 PM, Adam Borowski <kilobyte@angband.pl> wrote:

> > Is there any reason qemu-mipsel isn't good enough?
>
> There was a concern (flamewar) a few years ago that doing that would
> result in broken binaries. I don't know how true that would be today
> or if it is now consider acceptible.

qemu-user-*, I can understand that.  But qemu-system-*, which emulates the
whole machine?  Unless there is some insidious bug in qemu which shows up
only for some rare opcode or for some corner case of hardware access, I
can't see how it is supposed to produce broken binaries.  Unless you get
close to the metal, things either work or not.

--
1KB		// Microsoft corollary to Hanlon's razor:
		//	Never attribute to stupidity what can be