Re: RFS: pyamf

On Sat, Apr 17, 2010 at 07:39:57PM -0430, Miguel Landaeta wrote:
> Hi Christoph,
>
> On Sat, Apr 17, 2010 at 5:15 AM, Christoph Egger <christoph@debian.org> wrote:
> >        I've just having a look at it. Below you can find some random
> > points I noticed.
> >
> >  * the BSD licene in common-licenses tells (c) The Regents of the
> >    University of California -- it is unsuitable for everything but
> >    original BSD software. Please just include a copy in your
> >    copyright (or use the MIT license that is already there).
>
> I just adopted this package and the debian bits were already licensed
> under BSD. Surely I can change the license to MIT, but I preferred
> to keep the license chose by the previous maintainer.
> Now, for example so many packages license the debian
> dir with GPL and use the text in common-licences and it tells
> Copyright (C) 2007 Free Software Foundation, Inc but AFAIK it
> doesn't mean that FSF own that software. Or am I wrong?

The GPL says

/---
 Copyright (C) 2007 Free Software Foundation, Inc. <http://fsf.org/>
 Everyone is permitted to copy and distribute verbatim copies
 of this license document, but changing it is not allowed.
\---

claiming copyright for the license to the FSF while the BSD license
does the same for the same for the software -> regents of Berkley. For
the GPL you have these some paragraphes long part in your copright
file which includes copyright notices for the authors. THat's the
difference.

> >  * There's a patch included in your package. It is not at all clear
> >    why it must be there, whether it has been forwarded (or if that
> >    could be done) nor anything else. Please comment your patch.
>
> I found out this patch was useless and it was removed.
>
> >  * Your watchfile doesn't seem to work very well
> >
> > % uscan --report-status
> > uscan warning: In debian/watch,
> >  no matching hrefs for pattern
> >  http://download.pyamf.org/releases/([\d.]+) at /usr/bin/uscan line 1571, <WATCH> line 2.
> > uscan warning: In watchfile debian/watch, reading webpage
> >  http://download.pyamf.org/releases/1/ failed: 404 Not Found
>
> Yes, upstream changed the URLs, but this is already fixed.

OK then as Jakub wanted to do the review already which I didn't notice I
guess he'll continue.

Regards

	Christoph

--
/"\  ASCII Ribbon : GPG-Key ID: 0xD49AE731
\ /    Campaign   : CaCert Assurer

http://www.christoph-egger.org/