Re: RFS: pyamf

Hi!

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 11:35:10AM -0430, Miguel Landaeta wrote:
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "pyamf".
>
> * Package name    : pyamf
>   Version         : 0.5.1-1
>   Upstream Author : The PyAMF Project <dev@pyamf.org>
> * URL             : http://pyamf.org/
> * License         : MIT
>   Section         : python
>
> It builds these binary packages:
> python-pyamf - Action Message Format support for Python
> python-pyamf-doc - documentation for the Python AMF support

> The upload would fix these bugs: 499617
>
> My motivation for maintaining this package is:
> I'm developing software that Depends on this. I would like to
> maintain this under Debian Python Modules Team.

> main contrib non-free
> - dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/p/pyamf/pyamf_0.5.1-1.dsc
> - Vcs-Svn: svn://svn.debian.org/python-modules/packages/pyamf/trunk/

	I've just having a look at it. Below you can find some random
points I noticed.

  * the BSD licene in common-licenses tells (c) The Regents of the
    University of California -- it is unsuitable for everything but
    original BSD software. Please just include a copy in your
    copyright (or use the MIT license that is already there).
  * There's a patch included in your package. It is not at all clear
    why it must be there, whether it has been forwarded (or if that
    could be done) nor anything else. Please comment your patch.
  * Your watchfile doesn't seem to work very well

% uscan --report-status
uscan warning: In debian/watch,
  no matching hrefs for pattern
  http://download.pyamf.org/releases/([\d.]+) at /usr/bin/uscan line 1571, <WATCH> line 2.
uscan warning: In watchfile debian/watch, reading webpage
  http://download.pyamf.org/releases/1/ failed: 404 Not Found

Regards

	Christoph

--
/"\  ASCII Ribbon : GPG-Key ID: 0xD49AE731
\ /    Campaign   : CaCert Assurer

http://www.christoph-egger.org/