Re: flow of things rules/debhelper

Hi,

On Mon, 05 Apr 2010, Osamu Aoki wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 05, 2010 at 03:30:50PM +0200, Mike Hommey wrote:
> > >  The commands listed below are run twice, once with the "-a" option (in
> > >  binary-arch) and once with the "-i" option (in binary-indep):
> >
> > Actually, it doesn't. dh binary just runs whatever sequence is necessary
> > for the binary target, starting from where it ended last, running
> > without even -i or -a.
> > dh binary-arch will do the same, but with the -a argument.
> > dh binary-indep will do the same, but with the -i argument.
>
> ... That was what I think too.
>
> It was updated by raphael to current form:
[...]
> His thought was to present a simpler story to the novice, I guess.
>
> Should i revert this?

I saw you changed it back, thanks, I wanted at least to avoid having the
same list multiple times.

And if one wanted to be picky, you could note that the sequence for
binary-indep does not include dh_strip, dh_makeshlibs and dh_shlibdeps.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog

Like what I do? Sponsor me: http://ouaza.com/wp/2010/01/05/5-years-of-freexian/