Re: migration to testing

On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 01:38:56PM +0100, Mike Hommey wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 01:05:37PM +0100, Simon Paillard wrote:
> > On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 02:16:58PM +0300, Stanislav Maslovski wrote:
> > > One of my packages, fuse-convmvfs (uploaded by a sponsor), cannot
> > > migrate to testing. The migration is blocked by kfreebsd:
> > >
> > > * fuse-convmvfs/kfreebsd-amd64 unsatisfiable Depends: fuse-utils
> > > * fuse-convmvfs/kfreebsd-i386 unsatisfiable Depends: fuse-utils
> > >
> > > What is the recommended way of solving this?
> >
> > fuse-utils is not build on kfreebsd-(amd64|i386) since it's
> > Linux-specific, see #528537:
[snip]
> Anyways, on kfreebsd, fusemount is provided by another package (fusebsd,
> iirc), which means that except if the freebsd kernel allows the mount
> syscall for users, all packages currently depending on fuse-utils should
> now depend on fuse-utils | fusebsd.

I could not find this fusebsd package in Debian :( However, a related
project indeed exists [1].

As the original poster of that question on debian-mentors, I would
like to ask anyone who has access to a Debian/kFreeBSD installation to
test if fuse-convmvfs from sid works there (provided that fuse4bsd is
installed). My package builds on that architecture just fine, but
unfortunately I cannot test myself if it works there.

> This just sounds plain wrong, and IMHO, libfuse itself should do the
> depend, though arguably, some libfuse rdepends don't need them.

Well, if that would be possible I would simply prefer to add a
dependence to my package and forget about it for a while.

[1] http://fuse4bsd.creo.hu/

--
Stanislav