Re: RFS: django-auth-ldap

Hello Christoph,

Christoph Egger, 2010-04-02 11:33:
>  * Do you really need to build-depend on python-ldap? The package
>    seems to build quite the same without.

You are right, I was under the impression that it's needed during the
tests but it uses a mockup. Removed it fom B-D.

>  * Your dh_pysupport override seems to be a no-op, "dh --before
>    dh_pysupport install ; find debian/ -name PKG-INFO" doesn't find
>    anything (or is that a once python2.6 is default thing?)

I removed the override. It seems that #575377 does not affect this package.

>  * The BSD license shipped in common licenses is, unfortunately, only
>    applicable if you have software with the copyright hold by "The
>    Regents of the University of California." which your package isn't
>    right? Usually for BSD the whole license is copied. Additionally
>    the one in common-licenses is the 3-clause BSD license while your
>    programm seems to use the 2-clause one?

It's the 2-clause one, I pasted it to debian/copyright.

>  * Your debian/docs is empty, better remove it?

Removed.

>  * Your debian/pyversions says 2.5- is there any reason for that? The
>    package docs say 2.3- (not that the package is likely to live in a
>    environment with anything pre-2.5 being default)

I was assuming that it would only make sens to set pyversions to
actually available versions inside Debian. Changed it to "2.3-" and B-D
to "python-all (>= 2.3)".

>  * I've found it quite good to have package + packaging under the same
>    license. Of course that's totally up to your preference

What would be the benefit of having the same license? Integration of
Debian packaging in upstream?

>  * Cool you have a test implemented!

Thanks, Jakub Wilk reminded me to run tests if there are any during
build time while working on an other package (django-picklefield). dh
actually makes it that easy to run tests, it would be a shame if one
wouldn't use them :-)

Kind regards,
Michael