Re: A meager copyright. Remotely acceptable?

Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org> writes:
> Mats Erik Andersson <mats.andersson@gisladisker.se> (01/04/2010):

>> I probably prematurely responded to an RFP for 'oftpd', an FTP server
>> for only anonymous access, and only giving read access.

> Another questions comes to mind: do we need this package? I'd hope
> several of which we already have can be trivially configured in this
> way? Maybe opening wishlist (documentation) bugs with appropriate
> procedure to do so would satisfy the original need?

vsftpd in particular does a very good job at this task.  It's capable of
doing more, but it has standard configuration options to limit it to only
this mode and seems to be designed with a lot of security in mind.  I've
been using it for years with no complaints.