Re: New packager

Ok, sorry for the previous, long email.
My question is: is there someone who want to help me to package these:

OpenJump 1.3.1 (http://sourceforge.net/projects/jump-pilot/files/)
Saga 2.0.4 (http://sourceforge.net/projects/saga-gis/files/)
AutoQ3D Community  (http://www.autoq3d.com/downloads/category/3-autoq3d-community)
Stereo 0.2b (http://stereo.sourceforge.net/)
uDig 1.2RC1 (http://udig.refractions.net/download/)
gvSIG 1.9 (http://www.gvsig.gva.es/eng/off/gvsig-desktop/all-versions/download/gvsig-19/downloading-the-program/)
e-foto 0.1 (http://www.efoto.eng.uerj.br/doku.php?id=en:download)
jSVR 0.5 beta http://sourceforge.net/projects/svr/files/
Total Open Station http://tops.berlios.de/

Most of them are Java packages, all the licenses should compatible with Debian (GPL and LGPL).
Obiviously I listed all before, but I'm happy also starting with one of them, I need to learn! :-)

Fabrizio

On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 5:30 AM, Matthew Palmer <mpalmer@debian.org> wrote:
On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 12:53:46AM +0100, Fabrizio Furnari wrote:
> Now, the great of the software we need in ArcheOS are in Java, some are web
> applications (some webGIS, and so on). Licensing is not a problem but
> packaging is a little more difficult than usual, so the conclusion to write
> in this ML to ask help to you: I need someone that can assist me in
> packaging and later will guide me through the process to became a DD.
> What do you think about? I'm forgetting something?

You've forgetten to provide a specific, answerable question.  We don't
generally "pair up" with someone straight off the bat (although over time
you'll no doubt find yourself talking to the same subset of people, as they
deal with similar issues you do).  But for now, ask specific and detailed
questions on this list, and hope that someone's come across the problem too
and solved it.  Providing the complete source package you're dealing with,
for examination, is also strongly encouraged.

> I'm too arrogant?

There's no such thing as "too" arrogant.

- Matt