New packager

Hi all,
first of all presentations: I'm Fabrizio, Italian, Linux sysadm who's involved from looong time in Debina/Ubuntu/FSF, and so on.
I'm an active developer for ArcheOS (www.archeos.eu), a Squeeze-based distro for archaeological purposes, still in development but very promising.
For that distro me and my colleagues need to include a lot of packages that are not in official Debian repositories, so we start the hard packaging work. Navigating through the various howto and guides I've decided to kill two birds with one stone and become a DM/DD, starting, of course, with packaging.
Now, the great of the software we need in ArcheOS are in Java, some are web applications (some webGIS, and so on). Licensing is not a problem but packaging is a little more difficult than usual, so the conclusion to write in this ML to ask help to you: I need someone that can assist me in packaging and later will guide me through the process to became a DD.
What do you think about? I'm forgetting something? I'm too arrogant?

Ciao,

Fabrizio
--
@P=split//,".URRUU\c8R";@d=split//,"\niranruF oizirbaF";sub p{