Re: [debian-mentors] question regarding rejected uploads

Scott Howard wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I recently adopted the "eagle" package, and with the help of the
> previous maintainer was able to upload a new version (I've received
> multiple requests through BTS and direct contact asking for this
> version from users). My sponsor uploaded for i386 (i386.deb and
> i386.changes.) However, since it is non-free, the package won't be
> autobuilt on amd64, which is the only other architecture needed for
> this package. Another DD tried to upload the package for amd64 so it
> could migrate to testing, but it was rejected:
>
> Reject Reasons:
> eagle-data_5.7.0-2_all.deb: can not overwrite existing copy already in
> the archive.
> md5sum and/or size mismatch on existing copy of eagle-data_5.7.0-2_all.deb.
> md5sum and/or size mismatch on existing copy of eagle_5.7.0-2.diff.gz.
> md5sum and/or size mismatch on existing copy of eagle_5.7.0-2.dsc.
> eagle_5.7.0-2.dsc: old version (5.7.0-2) in unstable >= new version
> (5.7.0-2) targeted at unstable.
> can not overwrite existing copy of 'eagle_5.7.0-2.diff.gz' already in
> the archive.
>
> What is the proper procedure for uploading additional binaries to
> non-free so it can be available to users and migrate to testing?
> Thank you.
> Regards,
> Scott Howard

Hi

I think your sponsor should have built it with "-B" (binary
arch-dependent only). All the source and arch-independent packages have
already been uploaded (with the original upload) and cannot be
overwritten (except by a "higher" version).

That being said - IANADD.

~Niels